Friday, December 17, 2010

The day I was a fireman !


As per title, I got to be a fireman yesterday at the Civil Defence Academy. It is one of the Basic Safety Training out of the 4 that we all must pass in order to go sailing next year. We were taught how to extingusih fire with various extingiushers. It was boring like hell for the extinguishers part but after that we get to wear the Breathing appartus with we usually see on the tv where the fireman wear a facemask with oxygen tank before entering the fire scene ! The face mask is just like the pic above !

Since young I have been watching this drama called Burning Flames, the above pic ! and i was always inspire to try out what is it like to be in a fire scene ?

And finally yesterday I got a chance to wear that fireman helmet and dress like them ! And most importantly ...

I got to go into a firescene in one of the block, where they light the room with room and we are expected to go into the room and put out the fire in a team ! It the worst kind of experince you will ever want to feel ! The flames are huge like _|_ and you can bearly see anything except the fire and the water host a heavy like cows and the room temperature is like 80degrees ? and whenever you breathe in, you can feel the heat in your throat ! and i have sore thorat now ..

This is how excatly it look like in the fire scene and it can be worse . But overall it is a vaulable lesson and I enjoyed it alot as I finally know I shall not be joining th SCDF during my coming army years because I simply cannot tahan long in the fire scene. I swear I really salute to the firemans because it really requires alot of passion and determination to stay inside to put out fires with all that factors !


After spending 8 to 5 at the academy, I went off to meet my dearest cliques for dinner at Lot1. We had Pizzahut, it has been ages since I ate pizzahut. Whie waiting for the pizzas to be serve, the restarant hired a 14yo boy ? to be the singer cum guitarist for the restuarant customers where he strum and sing beside us while we were having our soup. It was a 'WOW' experince and they even took a photo for us with that little boy and even print for us a picture ! most imptly is that the services of their staffs is VERY GOOD, it is like very polite and helpful. I really think it made my day and my money is well spend. After dinner we went off to meet Xiaowei at her voiddeck area and chill ! I swear we were like some crazy guys but I really enjoy alot !It is a wonderful day for me and I hope for the rest ! and Suen and Xiaowei, thank you for the presents ! =D

~Hope everyday can be like yesterday!~

No comments: