Thursday, June 14, 2012

Mother and son times together @ Sentosa !

Last time I used to come into Singapore like this ! 
L
Singapore is indeed beautiful !



We used to anchor in Singapore waters like this ...






It has been a long time since I really went out with my mom. Probably a year already? Most of the time I was away for my attachment. So yesterday was a really good catch up opportunity for us, dad got us a suite at his hotel, SPA treatment and fine dining dinner. I was really shock when he told me last week. Anyway the hotel dad work at is The Sentosa Resort and Spa.

The above photos are some pictures I took during the Cable Car Ride. Frankly speaking I am someone who is slightly afraid of heights. Especially the Cable Car has got some accidents before ... Nonetheless it was a great ride, I remembered when I was young, mom and grandma used to take me on Cable Car ride and my heart will beat frantically ! But now, I am grown up but grandma is no longer around with us ...

I must say, Singapore really has a great view of high rise buildings ! Just love the place but definitely not the weather and heat of this country !

This is the hotel lobby ! 










My overall feelings about this hotel is that it is a place that has a lot of serenity and privacy. Very close to nature but there isn't plenty of bugs. Very clean. During the stay, it gives you a piece of a mind, very calm like  living on another island. I like it very much. The hotel also keeps Peacocks that roam freely on their own but of course the hotel feeds them. Surprisingly we saw some chicks, which means the area has been so nice to the bird till it feels comfortable to reproduce. This is a rare sight! The birds are also welcome by the hotel staff, restaurants, in fact anywhere in the hotel. 

Personally, I fancy the swimming pool a lot. It is very clean and has very comfortable feeling. I swam 2 times a day! Very nice, like some atas club.












The above are some pictures of our suite. The suite consists of a lobby, living room, bedroom and a toilet with tub. The design of the room is very nice. Very high tech room. Very comfortable. I love the pillows the most, they are made of feathers, i think so! Very soft yet firm for support, wish to get one of those too! 

I slept with mom yesterday, I remembered when I was younger I always like to sleep with mom. I will always find some silly reasons to sleep with her. So I am glad I slept with mom this time too! 






We took this, Tiger Beer Sky Tower! 


Siloso Beach ! 


This toddler is so cute, he love to play with mom!


Our Singapore ICON, HALF MALE HALF FEMALE BEAST! 











The above restaurant was where we (including mom friends) dined yesterday. The Garden is a open concept fine dining restaurant so you really need to expect each to pay at least a 100dollars if you are going for some starters, main course, desserts and wine. But of course, it is worth every cent. The service wise is very efficient and courteous, every single item on the dish was explained clearly. The food wise I will give 4 stars out of 5 starts. For me, I love the lamb rack and my short ribs the most, the Lamb Rack has strong foul smell of the lamb which it usually does, it is soothe by using some herbs and sauces till it is very light and acceptable and the lamb is only about 70% cooked to preserve the freshness taste and the texture of the meat, it was done really well! , as for the short ribs it the small, the taste of beef is not so strong like usually but it is there, as for the texture wise, I think it is awesome, because the meat is only medium done (recommended) thus it is very soft, has some fats that will melt in your mouth and there isn't like blood taste means it is very fresh. I really enjoyed it. We also had red wine, so I hardcore drinking. 

I am really grateful for this little getaway that Dad has arranged for me and mom. Within that short stay, everything was organised already and I don't even have to lift a finger. He checked-in for us, he bought me to the restaurant to familiarise and meet the manager first, then to the SPA he booked for massage and even breakfast for reservations and informing the manager. Everything it like, "tick" and it is there. Although in the past he might have not been very nice to mom and me but at least now I know he still love us but in his own manly way. So I thank god, for everything god has gave me. I might not have a fantastic background, I may not be born with a silver spoon, I may not have a fabulous past but at least one thing I know I will have and that is, the life I will have in the future will only be better. I promise I will try my best to provide my parents when they are old.

Frankly speaking, after leaving Singapore, leaving everything behind and leave for a year really makes my mindset and thinking changed. In the past, I really will always ask why people like my buddies Gary, Darren etc has a very heart warming family but not me? Why am I not rich, at least rich enough to stay in big houses? I always ask myself for the things I don't own. But now, I am thankful, I thankful that I am healthy, I am thankful I have a mom that loves me a lot, I am thankful I have great buddies like Dillon, Gary, Darren, Dengyi, Suen, Elvin etc. whom I know I can trust and rely on! , I am thankful I have 3 meals a day and I no issues affording it, I am thankful for everything seriously. Not all of the things but I am trying. I think by doing this, life will be better and easier/happier to live. 










I had quality time spent with mum this time. Mom was really happy, I can tell. From her friends, I know my mom even better. At least, I know how she feels sometimes. I know she loves, more than herself so I will provide her in whatever ways in time to come. Maybe I cannot afford big bungalows, cannot afford big cars, cannot afford to eat exotic food everyday but at least I will make sure she has a roof over her head, with all that she needs. Just like how she provided me when I was young. Soon it will be my turn. But I hope she can be strong as usual for the times I am away because I am trying very hard to improve our family life.

Lastly, Thank you GOD, I never being so grateful than now. I am really grateful and contented with my current life. Life is more meaningful now. 


Sometimes don't look at things you don't have,why not look at things you already have makes your 
life easier and happier. Don't complain ,  be contented. At least you have a room to sleep
and food to eat whenever you are hungry. Not everyone is lucky as you are.
I am not a perfect son, a perfect friend but trust me I am trying now, I am trying my best.















No comments: